View Single Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #60
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Mar 20 2006, 01:21 AM
@Chuck

You are getting more and more tiring dude* Look, you are making hasty remarks about out-there things like society, goverment forms and so on... your analogys have gaping holes in it...
Excuse me? Was I the one who used the former political system as an excuse? Was I the one that started to use the social surroundings of some people as an excuse? I don't think so.
Quote:
READ THIS!

This should give you a good idea what's copyright, fair use and stuff like that k: let's see what do you thing after that
Very unbiased source that is... :whistle:
That "fair use"-comment is golden, btw... especially when coming from someone who basically doesn't mind stealing and benefitting without contributing... k:
And I really don't care wether you argue that "games are art and should be treated that way"... WHO is imposing views here exactly after just accusing me of the very same thing here? Because just because any law says so, it does by no means mean that it is an universal truth. Both of you should know that, since you were so eagerly debating the arbitrariness of both "normality" and "morals"...

BTW, as far as I'm concerned I was never discussing the "rightfulness" of copyright laws. It was about warez and why their not ok, in a "moral" way or otherwise. Warez have nothing do with the problem of long-time copyrights etc. Warez are infringing RECENT copyrights, and even trying to discuss that this is NOT wrong is proof of a very parasitic take on things. A game is a product. Like a car. Like a computer. Using a product without paying for it is stealing. Period. I really don't care if it "feels like stealing" to you or not, and neither would any judge.

EDIT: I never said communism cared about copyright. I just said, that the basical principle was the same as in capitalism: You have to contribute to society to get something back in exchange. Using Warez is getting something without contributing. No need to argue about that.
On that very topic: Since there weren't any copyright laws, it really makes one wonder about the HUGE ammount of great and well known art from communist countries, does it not? LOL
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant