Thread: Dark Legions
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Yes Or Nay
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
I added the manual for a reason .

The creatures all have different advantages and disadvantages. That's what makes the game fun! Like all the great games, you just need to put in some effort.

If you want to get to grips with the game, I'd start out with a "hopeless" AI and buy water elementals at first. They're a very straight forward unit that can attack from far away and they're good against nearly every unit.
You see, I prefer games I can learn to play directly ingame either through playing the game itself or going on through a tutorial. I don't favour manuals (except somewhere where it is really needed, i.e. Realms of Arkania). Games are meant to be fun and entertainment and I don't see no fun in reading through manual pages and then applying the knowledge on the game, maybe only when I'm hopelessly stuck. And when I'm stuck at the very beginning of the game, then something's wrong.

I don't prefer steep learning curves, rather the straightforward ones, yet where the game does not lack in depth itself.
Yes Or Nay is offline                         Send a private message to Yes Or Nay