Thread: SimLife
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #44
Einh
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Zombie View Post
Uh... I've got an odd problem. So when I download a game .zip file, sometimes I'll cut and paste it to my program files from my desktop which is where I extract it. My problem is one of the files I got from the SimLife .zip, _ONTRES.FON, won't delete. When I try to do something with it it either crashes windows or when I try to delete it it say "Discovering items..." forever and ever... So. Any solutions? Because it's stuck on my desktop and is bothering me.
I know this is serveral years late but i recenly got the same problem as you. I tried every suggestion but to no avail. After much thinking and a lot of googling I finally found a solution that worked.

1. Open task manager and kill the process "explorer.exe"
2. Start a new task in task manager and type in "cmd"
3. Navigate to the correct directory where _ONTRES.FON is located (using cd and dir commands).
4. Type "del _ONTRES.FON" and rejoice as the hideous beast vanish from your computer. If if still doesnt work try running the command prompt as an administrator.

I know this answer most likely is too late to help you now but im still typing it so that people in the future may see it.
Einh is offline                         Send a private message to Einh