View Single Post
Old 15-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #131
Wicky
the little viking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(howmanymegs @ Jan 12 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]274414[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So tell me. Why did every Sierra and Origin game get infinitely better in sequels and whereas todays RPGs and adventures seem to be going backwards? Should I retire (after a very considerable gaming history) and get a shares portfolio to occupy my time? Anyone else feel the same or am I alone in my torment? - Planescape Torment, that is. Please reply!
[/b]

I have found the answer! It's the effect called "accoustic feedback"
You know what I mean - take a micro, place in front of speaker and speak loudly into it , so the voice will come out louder of the speaker than you spoke, gets recorded by the mic and outputed even louder, repeat until accoustic noise and crash boom bang, speaker dead - just feedback.

That's why you don't listen to players. They say "owwwwww, Planescape Torment has a video for every 8th level spell and higher! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!"
But in reality they enjoy the multiple walkthrough, intelligent conversations, innovative xp system that doesn't punish for dying and what do they think?

They think publishers, who notice "Ohhh, they liked our videos, let's make some even bigger videos, with better graphics" they think they are dumb! They produce now big stupid games with even less possibilities to walk through, even dumber conversation, and don't have any ideas for any more xp systems. Punish me!!

Or maybe, punish me not, but tell the game-producers to stop listening to muck. You know muck.. you eat apple, and crap muck. muck is the result. Publisher takes muck and thinks, people like muck! They produce more muck.
In some reasoning, it would be better to listen to producers, than to gamers who have "consumed" the produkt and give a feedback.

Those games, that receive a 95% score in PC gamer, don't tell any word about what is sooooo good about this game, instead tell all people in the world what the producers think while making this game!
If Cervat, producer of "Crysis" for example says "I have often eat apples while making Crysis" then other producers would not shuffle their hairs in desperation when sitting in front of PC asking "How the *meep* do I programm innovation?" they would rather say, ok I eat banana maybe I can write better game than Crysis!!

But today the producers have no more spirit. They have to answer themselves "how do I get lots of money by typing nonsense" when they should be thinking about bits and bytes! In the end, you don't know jack about writing a good game when you listen to what people say. You are left with producing another repeated game, graphics even better and crash boom bang, gamer's brain dead - just feedback.