View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I've actually got a few questions on hand about this, and they mainly center around Steam games.

I want to buy a game package from Valve, but don't know which to choose. I at least want Half-Life 2 to be included (for obvious reasons), but am uncertain about the others. I'm mainly stuck between either buying the Holiday package (HL2, CSS, HL2E1, original HL) and the upcoming Orange Box (HL2, HL2E1, HL2E2, Portals, TF2).

I enjoy playing CSS some, and I'm already familiar with the basics, but have never played a Team Fortress game. Based on experience with the previous TF, do you think it will be more worth it to have TF2 or CSS? Hell, I don't even know what the Episode 1 and Episode 2 things are (are they TV shows?) so I'm not really concerned about them...

On a side-note, I just wanted to verify my new system specs to see if I'll be able to run the above-mentioned games (in both packages) on at least Medium graphical settings (no lag):

Intel Pentium D 2.8GHZ dual-core
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256mb video card (DDR2)
2GB of 667MHZ RAM

Finally, and this is probably my biggest concern of all: Will I be able to actually play online (and I mean without lagging myself to tears) in CSS and TF2 with this internet connection?

927kbps down
332kbps up
Latency = 134 ms

I obtained these results from Speedtest.net and I am absolutely certain I picked the right server. Is this information to be trusted...and if it is, can I play online decently?

Thanks for your time and patience...you need all you can to put up with Steam.