View Single Post
Old 19-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Actually, I was surprised by the very low cost which got out. Something like 800$ with a lot of fluff added in because I do wish the computer to be able to work a modern OS like... Huh, what's the last one out already? Windows 7? I asked for a powerful computer with good graphic card, lots of memory, etc. The total.

You also need to factor in the extra HD, extra tech time for the install, etc. It doesn't sound costly to me at all if that computer last me another 10 years... That's only about 80$ a year.

Of course if it really mean that both cores would run at 2.9ghz then it change things a bit. It would make more sense too because the way I was looking at it, the computer industry actually looked like they were going backward instead of forward.

I understand the interest of having multiple cores for modern computers. But that's for computer which can actually use more than one core! Old games from Win XP era and older (which I have a ton and a half of games) simply will never work with two cores no matter what I do so that's why I want to be able to rely on a powerful single core if I need to.

Edit: Here is the specs I got for the computer I got quoted for. See anything funny in it?
I already realized that they only gave me 4gigs ram for this computer. I guess it would be best to up it, unless XP would go funny if there was more ram than it could handle?
Quote:
Ordinateur Touch garantie 3 ans en magasin
Boitier ATX de couleurs noir
Carte mère ASUS F1A55-M/CSM
Processeur AMD A4-3300 de 2.5Ghz, Dual core
Disque dur de 500Gb SATA Western Digital
Bloc d’alimentation de 500 watts
Graveur de DVD Double couche
Carte vidéo NVidia Geforce M310 de 1Gb PCi-Express
Mémoire de 4Gb DDR3 1333MHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Familiale Français
Clavier et souris