View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #450
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Zelda series: A link to the past

I bet they are just fucking with you at this point. Only read the manual and watched the intro, but this much is obvious.

1) after you perish, you only get 50% HP. Because fuck reality.
2) there are a shitload of new functions now, so good luck.
3) better pull out a guid, because I bet everything is in hidden spots, because fuck you.
4) you think at least you can buy potions? Nah, that'd be rational. Bring in not just your ruppies, but also bring your own cup, I mean bottle!
5) I tried to read some roadmark-board, but instead our hero pulled it out. Tried to put it down, but he trashed it. Oh, man.
6) did I mention you DO NOT play as Link here? Sure, the guy looks like that guy, but this one is a different person, and his name is not mentioned, thus likely his name is NOT Link!
Also, no idea which Zelda is here.
7) the lamp/torch system/casting is really messy. I see what's the idea behind it, but that doesn't make me happy. I'd be more glad if there'd be able programming, and each torch-place would enlighten only a certain area, not the whole area temporarily.
8) the game is ... too easy? A lot of resources are there, and they respawn, most of them. That makes healing too easy?
9) u know what killed Sonic for me? That if you try to run, you'll be massacred. Here there's this when you hold down the use weapon button, and start to go forward (you can't change direction while doing this). This is mostly to cut down insane amount of bushes in hope of a secret. You don't rly care about ruppies and such because of the gambling house gives you free 200$ every time you enter the house. But two other things canhappen: a) a pokemon (i mean enemy, like a fully armoured knight) jumps at you b) you discover a planted LANDMINE. The fok?
10) the worm-boss is almost entirely luck-based, and the Dark Wolrd is tedious and too high difficulty-jump.

The game of course not without some good ideas, like pushing enemies into pits, or some of the sorroundings turning out to be (harmless) animals makes you feel the place. But it's not good to play more than 1-2 hours at a time.
I also feel cheated that using the Book of M... thebook of the ancients you don't learn lore. You read whatyou have to do, and that's it. Lame.

My biggest complaint is, the overworld feel small, the dungeons feel extra large, and the otherworld is too tough and crowded. Shouldn't everyone be trees anyway?

Last edited by twillight; 30-06-2019 at 07:37 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight