Thread: Dos Or Dos Box?
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #22
Loial

Omuletzu: On Dave's page, which you linked to yourself, there are links to psview and xpdf, which both claims to be able to read pdf files, although I havent tried them myself.

However I found this link to Acrobat Reader 1.0 for DOS! This is the same one that came with my Syndicate installation, and at least it works with the pdf file I got with that game. Not sure about newer files, though...

And Eagle: I don't entirely agree that abandonia is primarily for those who didn't play those games, but for a large part it's also for nostalgia for us who DID play a lot of those games. And I think the games should be provided as original as possible, maybe zipped install disks, so it indeed could be installed and played on old computers. Hacks for making them playable on modern-day computers should be included in the archives or be available as extras.

On an end not I'd also like to mension that I have an option to dualboot my XP-system to MS-DOS 7.1 (site seems to be down) and it works quite well. I use mo'slo for games/progs that can't handle fast computers, and sometimes patch exe's with CRT-fix for those runtime 200's. I can even use Arachne web browser for dos on my ADSL! Only trouble is sometimes with VESA 2.0 games not handling my Geforce 4 card...

Of course Dosbox 0.63 is handy for staying in XP k:

-Herman
Loial is offline                         Send a private message to Loial