View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 PM   #10
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
OK, this requires immediate corrections:
1. Calling me active updater after almost a year without one is a bit... incorrect
2. Clusek is the main guy to check status of the game, since Expack2 is less active recently.
3. Spectre is a big game hoarder and is also active in checking games, so yeah.
4. Capo is old member and knows about all this.
5. Thank you for being active and keep it up

I mostly wanted to type the correction No.1, all others are just fillers really
Also I don't wanna make you feel like you did something wrong for saying that, just letting you know. I'll reply to you about Rome later today.
I am sorry, but I did not know this (No. 1 ~ No. 4) for being absent for almost 5 ~ 6 years in the Abandonia Forums even though I participated in the Daily Screenshot Quiz incessantly. Sorry Capo (not Japo nor Paco ).

Capo (not Japo nor Paco) is agry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Actually, as far as I know it, it's double opportunism.

1. GOG check games (mostly abandonware, I suspect), and tries to start it in DOSBox for DOS, or get fixing patches for Windows.
2. In case of success they contact rights owners and asks for right to distribute it. Not for free, I suppose.
3. Usually, if such game sells on GOG well, the same right owners double the same game on Steam.

But it's all off-topic in this theme, I fear...
But I liked the information. That is very interesting information, but why has not GOG.com even made Gods, Dune, Dune II and Dune 2000, Flashback available on online store?

BTW, Steam released FFVII and FVIII. I remember I could run FFVII on Windows XP using a patch.

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-07-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan