View Single Post
Old 25-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Red face

I wouldn't say I stress over not having a partner, because it's one of those things that happens when you eventually meet someone. Of course, meeting people means working on your social skills and getting involved in interest groups you know you'll enjoy. There would be no point in joining a night club or something akin to one if what it was about was not to your personal tastes. That almost makes it sound like you just want to hang in with a crowd because everyone else is doing it. I've learned to go with the flow, be yourself and don't be a sheep.

One thing I haven't done a great deal is talk to folk face to face. I've mainly just interacted with people online. The net is different than the real world, cos you are usually just typing out messages and awaiting a reply. They normally wouldn't see your face, unless you had a camera on. It's important to overcome this anxiety and I'd say it's heaps better knowing 'real' people. Not that online people are not real, but you would most likely never meet a majority of the people you speak to online.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted