View Single Post
Old 30-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #95
Casteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeterson83 View Post

Error Whilst Opening "_MA\_MA" : No such file or directory

After doing some investigation, it appears that _MA stores the video files for units and the like. Thing is, there's no _MA\_MA as a file nor sub-directory.

I _just_ downloaded the game from Abandonia, as of 30-August-2010. The _ma\_ma folder and file _are_ in the archive. Make sure you are correctly installing the game and mounting the disks as instructed.. also, make sure, and absolutely sure, that _nothing_ is accessing any of the game files outside of the game (and DOSbox).. This includes virus scanners, and is especially important when loading/saving games--While hacking the save files, I've discovered that if anything outside of DOSBox and the game has any file open, including a virus scanner while it's scanning the files, it often causes Fragile to have major fits and die a horribly dramatic death.

Note that I have not yet installed or tested the abandonia archive, only verified that the file exists in the archive. My local installation of the game is from an ISO image I made of my original game CD. I'll be installing the Abandonia version sometime next week, and I'll post tutorials and help afterwards, as well as any other findings and differences which may help people with problems..
Casteele is offline                         Send a private message to Casteele