View Single Post
Old 21-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
Acethor
HECU Marine

I agree with Tomekk and everyone else in favour of Diablo 2 being an Action-RPG. Simply put, it is an ACTION GAME with ROLE-PLAYING elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
The point I was trying to bring in, because yes there is quite a long reasoning behind all this, is that the tiny RPG-like elements in Diablo and Diablo II are insignificant in comparison to other elements. Sure, let's call Diablo II an Action/RPG/Adventure/Puzzle/Strategy/Simulation/Arcade game then. It does have some elements of each genre, isn't? (And I won't take no as an answer... )
Excuse me, tiny RPG elements insignificant in comparison to other elements in Diablo? Are you trying to tell us that Diablo 2 has more PUZZLE or STRATEGY or SIMULATION or ARCADE in it than RPG???????????? You have got to be kidding me. You cannot call it any of those because the main elements in the game are:

1.ACTION (running,walking,fighting,clicking)

and

2.RPG (Character Selection/Customization*AKA ROLEPLAYING*,Stat Point Allocation+Experience Gain,)

NOT PUZZLE STRATEGY SIMULATION ARCADE OR ADVENTURE

a. Puzzle (Use your brain to uh, calculate how much damage a carver will do when your wearing some leather armor?)

b. Strategy (Use a Druid, summon a whole bunch of minions, and strategically command them through the battlefield? )

c. Simulation (What the heck?? Ok I guess... A theoretical religious medieval simulation where the devil comes down and kills everyone????)

d. Arcade (...no comment...)

How can you say that ANY of those above have MORE elements than RPG in Diablo 2?

AND......... I never even SEEN what it says on the box and yet I defined it ACTION-RPG from MY OWN EXPERIENCES.

I don't understand why this is so hard for some of you to accept... it is simply neither RPG nor Action it is an ACTION-RPG. It is silly to try to label games with EXACT genres and exact this and that and rogue-like/classic/blah blah blah...

If your too proud about it next time someone asks you just say "ITS AN ACTION GAME - WITH SOME RPG ELEMENTS (also known as an action-rpg."

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor