View Single Post
Old 19-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #78
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick02 View Post
I actually like the idea of collecting links to Steam, and other services with freeware. But at this point, there isn't much "inspiration" to actually do it. Unlike the staff at Abandonia, we do not have server access. So making any big changes to the site always requires help from people who don't really want to bother. On top of that, the forum has been going down lately with server issues.

I've done my best to improve the site. If it wasn't for me, the site would still be called Abandonia Reloaded (as if we still needed Abandonia attached to the name), and the forum would have never been fixed up or improved. I also tried to help the site branch out, by adding freeware software reviews.

Meanwhile, if it wasn't for Frodo, the site would have been dead before I got there. She's the only staff member who gave a damn, and tried to keep the site running all this time. She single-handedly updated the site, added reviews, and kept it running. She's also tried to hold contests, and other events, to draw traffic to Reloaded. But it falls on deaf ears.

Oh, and let's not forget when management changed all the news links on our homepage to advertisement links! That was an epic moment, showing how much they care about Reloaded.

I also tried to do something nice for both sites, by making a video advertising Reloaded & Abandonia. I got trashed by negative comments here.. so now I don't even bother.

As for the roleplaying, you can knock us all you want Tracker. But at least it adds some life to the forum. I also recall you being apart of it, until you attempted to destroy it. So don't knock something, when you were a willingly participant just a couple of years ago.

-Nick
Long time no see, Nick. What a surprise. Well, it's not only a nice idea to begin writing about quality freeware, it seems to be the only way to make use of Reloaded. It has a lot of potential that should be used to the site's advantages. On the other hand, I don't imagine it requires server access or big changes. Just begin posting reviews and news about the best freeware one can download - that is, if you have the time and resources. We could even ask people if they wanted to write reviews about quality freeware for Reloaded on these boards.

See? I don't know what was wrong with being called "Abandonia Reloaded", but that must have been the beginning of the parting. It reads as if you don't believe you need the Abandonia name and Abandonia itself either (except for when you want to advertise your retro social networks).

About the host, they care about us just the same.

Video advertisements... well... I couldn't find the thread (it was probably deleted), but I think that an advertisement represents what is being advertised, and why would we want to be represented by something we don't honestly enjoy. Some of us didn't like it, some of us did. I don't think you couldn't have made compromises to your "artistic vision" to satisfy a larger userbase.

Last, but not least, your roleplay adds only to your personal life, and not the site's. While the two have common parts they are not the same. You tend not to recall that.

That's all I've got to say on the topic, frankly.

Good luck with Reloaded.org.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker