View Single Post
Old 17-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #103
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Thanks, but the CD version is apparently a whole different animal in terms of making it work. Now I have a slight progress to report. I had all the game files on a folder on my hard drive. Then I held the CTRL button and dragged the install.exe on top of my Dosbox shortcut. That is an alternative way to start a program that requires the DOS environment. Now the text became readable. There's a single blue window that notifies me that "Installation path must be C:\infogram\shadow.cd".
The drag & drop is not a recommended way of running games. It works, but isn't always reliable.

Quote:
"mount C H:"

"Directory H: doesn't exist" is the result. I wonder why Dosbox doesn't recognize the virtual drive H.
mount C H:\

And you're forgetting you need to mount somewhere you can install it to.
Create a directory for your DOS games somewhere and mount THAT as the C drive in DOSbox.

Quote:
[b] I have it mounted in the config file thusly:
mount h h:\ -t cdrom
First, always mount drives using successive letters of the alphabet, starting with C. So you'd actually mount this as D

But you're saying you run it from a virtual drive, ie you have an image of the CD. Use IMGMOUNT to mount the image as a drive in DOSbox (read up on that in the DOSBox readme file, there are a few things that make doing it for the first time somewhat difficult)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman