Thread: SimCity 2000
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #72
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Joschka@Dec 14 2005, 06:39 AM
Hello. n00b here.
I just got this, and I was wondering if it was possible to download a manual of this game from somewhere? I used to play this all the time when I was a kid, but now I've forgotten how to do the important stuff (ie. Build a powerplant, highways, etc.)

If not, can anyone tell me how to do the forementioned stuff?

Any help would be appreciated
It's been ages since I played it, but this is what I remember:
- design plots according to the blue-green-yellow graphs on the left side of the screen: those tell you what type of plots is most wanted/needed at the moment.
- for the road layouts I always started with a straight road with 2 rows of plots on either side of it
- power plant: I seem to remember I started with a coal burning station, cheap but with a decent power output for early in the game. hydro power is a valuable alternative if you've got waterfalls nearby, but you'll need a lot of those to have the same power output. Later on switch to more powerful and less polluting power plants, once you've got the money...
- connect your power plant with the first buildings that pop up (otherwise you'll see red lightning icons flash on those buildings, as an indicator that they are without power)

It always took some time before anyone arrived at my city to live there, so there might be a faster way to attract people, something I overlooked. But at least this should get you started.

By the way, I don't have the game with me right now, but isn't there a help function (like in some other sim games from that era)? You could quickly leaf through that as well.