View Single Post
Old 25-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
...who for whatever reason, have no urge to register on site, or who have but don't visit regularly.
Recently I have just became one of those people, yet I never thought I should register on Facebook (let me tell you I have no accounts on FB or Twitter either), just because I'm not here every night. Of course it would be boring to log in whenever I'd like to access the forums, but then I ask, what are the cookies for? In this case surely not for happy munching, so if you just save your password (not that anyone would like to steal your AB account to post bulls__t, right?), it'll automatically log you in whenever you visit the site (Theoretically. Practically, if you use Firefox, or the site has a bad day, you might be f___d, as there have been cookie issues in the not distant enough past). I can't see that as a reason to have a too close relation with FB, and that script the debate is about, is a sign of a relation not enough remote. We're just reinventing the wheel here I believe, as one of us did with a retrogaming oriented "social networking site" - why would we need a new place for sharing our experiences in this subculture?

I must admit that those SNS sites are a paradise for PR folks and advertisers, and we might want to share what we have with the world through them, but I believe that those who are interested in oldschool gaming actually find us on their own, and the casual FBers are in no way interested in tweaking DOSBox to be able to run ancient games or play ancient games at all, and such.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker