View Single Post
Old 23-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #15
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad3t View Post
Well, I played a lot of Morrowind, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2 & most importantly Fallout 3, so I'm kind of alright with FPP controls in a RPG though like I said given the choice I'd always opt for TPP. But since many of the best games were made in FPP I should not be that picky and just learn to deal with it. ^__^
Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG Neither do I consider Oblivion to be one And you will find that the controls are pretty different in UU. You can do everything with just the mouse, which is pretty fun and intuitive. Also there won't be a journal telling you everything you need to do, neither an automap that shows enemies and places. You do have an automap, a pretty one at that, and you can litter it with personal notes. Other then that, you need to write down a lot of stuff, which also is part of the fun. Plus at first you have no idea how the real plot will kick in (at least in the first part). And I have to say at every given time, that the engine of UU is one of the best for it's time. It was 3D even before Doom