View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #9
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

1. Deadman Wonderland - many felt the show remained unfinished because the protagonist did not manage to escape. They didn't catch the moral of the story, which was finding your place in life.
2. One Punch Man: it's just funny how bland the title character is, thus you have to pay attention to the rest of the characters
3. Goblinslayer: if you roleplayed, especialy AD&D, or just a simple fantasy-reader, this is hilarious. Very adult too.
4. Dragon Ball/Z/GT: I see a clear perfect story here. You just have to decipher the enemies. First Goku becomes the best martial artist on Earth (ToS), while leaving room for progress. Then he beats the strongest being in the Universe (Freeza), then beats the strongest possible physical being (Cell), then fights magic (Babidi), then madness (Buu), then finaly the Dragon Balls themselves (GT). Perfect legendary story.
5. Sailor Moon: it was formulaic, but had great monsters, and PG13 nudity, and teached a lot about genders.
6. Digimon X Wars: it was the only series I liked from Digimon, but Iloved it (especialy the first half)
7. Gurren Lagann: sure, it is mindless, but darn perfection actionseries with some phylosophy
8. Sora No Otoshimono/Forte: surreal, very sexual series. The manga-version of the ending is better, though I could decipher a meaning of the anime version too, which is not that satisfying unfortunately.
9. Full Metal Panic?: do not confuse with Full Metal Panic! This is a fun, sometimes surreal, overtly sexual spinoff-series. Very very c00l.
10. Naruto SD: it is stupid, but that's the point. Overtly funny, and gives the main enemy's place to Orochimaru,making it a good villain as he deserved. Contains a lot of tongue-and-cheek humour if I remember correctly, but in a good way.
+1. Pokemon: ONLY pay attention to this if you are into marketing inany sense. Otherwise it is the lowest of the low.But you can learn how pop-culture works from it, so take it as educational material. Also have to mention, I think its peak was probably the Battle Frontier arc, and the Diamond&Pearl was probably where it reach the level of an ok animated series. But it is mostly garbage, or more precisly gomi. It's a japaneese word for trash, what can be used as construction material (thx for this random trivia to William Gibbson).
I will post several lists, from my personal preferences, not necessarily in the order of importance, on my recommendations listed below:

Quote:
• Japanese Manga here;
• Korean Manhwa here;
• Korean Webtoons here;
Quote:
• Japanese Anime Series here;
• Japanese Anime Movies here;
• American / Others Cartoon Series here;
• American / Others Cartoon Movies here.