Thread: Daggerfall Xp
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #15
geoffroyguy
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to geoffroyguy Send a message via MSN to geoffroyguy Send a message via Yahoo to geoffroyguy

I managed to install using a third party installer after cleaning my CD. I installed on a Dell laptop successfully (no sound). I then ran daggerfall and installed the sound. The sound works fine as soundblaster choice. I have a number of problems, though, related to the keyboard operation.
First, the arrow keys are all recognized as left shift. I got around this by changing to letter keys.
Second, after changing, I can't get reverse movement to work at all.
The crouch mode works on "D", but I can't move forward or reverse, just turn right or left.
Third problem is levitation. I thought the page up/down keys might not be recognized, so I switched them to g and h. The spell still won't work at all. Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated.
Fourth, I installed several of the added quest packages. I did the one where a pack of imps fllies away and you have to find them in a dungeon and kill them much like the wandering harpies or giants. One problem, they are all invisible all the time. Is this a bug in the download or what?
THanks for any help.
Geoffroyguy
geoffroyguy is offline                         Send a private message to geoffroyguy