View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaaViinsZ View Post
So why is it limited to 300 MB? That's enough for the older stuff, but some of the newer CD-ROM DOS stuff, especially movie games, could very well be over it.

Is this a limit to what you can do with the server you use?
270 MB, actually. And yes, it's a technical limitation with the site itself.

Quote:
What about this-- host 2 300 MB downloads, or even 3.
Generally the ISO Cellar is meant to be used for larger titles and full images.

Quote:
While I'm here, I'll just ask another quick question... How come when a game is on Amazon, sold by someone else, but fulfilled by amazon, Abandonia doesn't host it.
For the most part, it's us trying to err on the side of caution - we're considering those situations to be equivalent to Amazon itself selling the goods.
Quote:
1. Abuse & I'm sure many other games are still being sold on Amazon (I'm American so when I say that I mean .com)
According to our records, Abuse has been released as freeware. Once that happens, freeware status trumps sold status and it doesn't matter who's selling it or where.
Quote:
2. If a game is not still being manufactured, that would mean any copies Amazon is selling are Second-hand, therefor, even if it is fulfilled by Amazon, that's just someone else partnering to bring Second-Hand, possibly new second-hand, copies to the market. (The game I am talking about is Breach 3)
In general, our criteria for acceptable sources are:
* Must be selling unopened, unused copies (not "like new")
* Must be a business rather than a private person
* There may not be any pre-existing causes to doubt the authenticity of the media or the company's business practices.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman