View Single Post
Old 15-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default Top down dual player sword duel

I know I played this game in the arcade and jumped on it first thing when it was available for the computer. The problem is, I can't remember if it was shareware, commercial OR if it was PC or Apple

In any event, it was two player only, no single player that I can remember. It was a top down view of a fighting area where you battled your sword wielding opponent, best warrior wins. The arena was only as big as the screen and I am pretty sure you could chop the opponent's limbs off. I don't think it was very colorful except for the red of blood and everything else was possibly just black and white. I also think there was some kind of electronic fuzz noise when a defeated opponent materialized on the screen. The warrirors wore helmets, so no hair or any real in-depth graphic details were involved.

The graphic that sparked this memory was the screenshot from Fantasy Empires. It looks most like the two C-shaped guys dueling in the lower left of the battle.

I remember playing Wizards of Wor (1980ish) in the arcade at the same time this was an arcade game. I distinctly remember playing on the computer as well though, some time after the arcade game was gone. Anyone else remember this?

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 16-05-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid