View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #20
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Mar 28 2006, 10:04 AM
To me it's the contrary. I hardly ever play a "new" game without first having to compare it to an older game. I never said originality is easy to come by... But when you played Dune 2, C&C, Starcraft, Warcraft 1 and 2 and Red Alert... Other "new" RTS really feel bland. New graphics are not going to help here, on the contrary.
Not really, you're playing the wrong games.
RTS games are really going strong right now, just try to avoid the "me-too" games.
Some good ones could be.

-Battle For Middle Earth
-Warhammer 40k
-Warcraft 3
-Starwars Empire At War
-Darwinia
-Galactic Civililizations II
-Total War

Middle Earth has gobs of units that're a bit more micro-managed that Total War, but it still doesn't have anything like it.
Warhammer is a good game, but it is alot like Warcraft 3, although it makes up for that just because it's so damn good.
Warcraft 3 is just good, I dunno, it's Blizzard.
Starwars Empire at War is just plain awesome, it's completely different from any other RTS games I've ever played.
Galactic Civ II is one of the best MOO type games out there
And the Total War series speak for themselves.
Go try all of those.
Seriously, Starcraft isn't a "old" game, yeah, it came out eight years ago, but that's the same time Half-Life came out, 1997-1998 is when people starting complaining that new games were just trying to push technology and lacking gameplay. I wouldn't include them in this discussion.
One thing that is lacking from newer games is puzzle games! Zuma and Bookworm is cool, but where's Tetris or Q-bert? Those were awesome!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy