View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Timecrash

Default Old game COMPILATION, long story....

So, as this is my first post, I just want to start off by saying how awesome Abandonia is. This site has been invaluable for my tracking down of old DOS games I used to play as a kid, and really got me into playing old DOS games in general. Abandonia Reloaded also has been a huge influence in getting me into the freeware scene, so it's good all around.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business. Sometime in the mid/late-90s, I received a game compilation by my mother, in addition to a fantasy game which I'll probably ask about in another topic some time. This game compilation was basically a CD-ROM filled with shareware games, and there were a heck of a lot, let me tell you. The thing is, I can't remember the name of the compilation for the life of me! It's been driving me crazy for around a year or two now. I originally thought it was called Epic MegaGames...until I found out that "Epic MegaGames" was the name of the company that made some of the games on the disc!

Thankfully, I remember a few of the games on this CD. You've got your classics like Jazz Jackrabbit, Scorched Earth, Jetpack, and The Adventures of Maddog Williams. However, there were a LOT of other games on the CD, some of which I can only describe vaguely. For example, there was one action-platfomer that had you defeating aliens with a vegetable gun (?), another that had you fighting giant insects in a desert maze (?!) and yet another which put two mechs fighting in a maze. So, you were really all over the place with developers here, Epic MegaGames, Software Creations, others that I can't even remember.

I'm afraid that the only other piece of information I can give was that the main menu was grey, with buttons corresponding to different genres of games, and clicking on a button would take you to games of that genre. I honestly can't remember anything else about it, but I'll try to answer any questions you have.

If anything, I'd like the name of this compilation and, if possible, a list of all the games on it, since a few of them were actually pretty interesting. I've been searching all over my house for months looking for this CD, but I think my mom threw it out a few years ago. Any info you can find would be greatly appreciated!
Timecrash is offline                         Send a private message to Timecrash