View Single Post
Old 16-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Probably has been a topic like this back in the day, but whatever it's going to happen again. Simple premise, who's your favourite lead singer, for whatever genre and why are they your favourite? Do they stand out, something unique about their singing.

Alright for me hands down Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden is in my opinion one of the best metal singers past and present, honestly the man sings in a crazy operatic octive it's just maddness, 80's Dickinson was even more insane I heard some of his b-side tracks like Cross Eyed Marry and I've got the fire and was like how the hell can he sing that high? :blink: And his Maiden tracks like Flight of Icarus, Run to the Hills, Die with your boots on, classic sound and his solo work that he did when he left Maiden getting into now and just as amazing, songs like Tears of the Dragon, Road to Hell, Arc of Space, Chemical Wedding, Book of Thel, Trumpets of Jerusalem, masterful.

Second choice would be Geoff Tate from Queensryche, he can hit such high notes it's insanity, nice octive level he can range his voice, honestly in the 80's when he started out, he was incredible even better than Dickinson I would say. Sadly his voice has gone down hill in the 90's but to date it's getting better and still is very worthy.

Finally James Labrie from Dream Theater has a very awesome vocal range that varies, he sings mostly prog metal but on his solo album he did a bunch of power metal tracks that before I thought he could never do, but I was mistaken and finally Matt Barlow from Iced Earth, great voice, has got that hard metal power sound down, too bad he left Iced Earth in 2003.

Alright let's see some of your choices.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude