Thread: Jinxter
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

I can confirm that in 1987 graphics were on the monitor as they were prior to that date and have been ever since... LOL
Seriously though, I am OVER THE MOON that a Magnetic Scrolls adventure has found its way onto ABANDONIA, as I adore them and they bring back such fond memories. The first one I played was THE PAWN on my spectrum 128k and then GUILD OF THIEVES, superb adventures even though with the speccy versions you didnt get graphics!!! oh how I envied the Amiga/Atari ST owners who got those sumptuous piccys I spied on the back of the games box.

Anyway, I did eventually get an ST and AMIGA and the first games I bought were the Magnetic Scrolls adventures and boy they didnt dissapoint! Magnetic Scrolls, for me, were like SIERRA, CINEMAWARE and INFOCOM, a company whos products were so unique to that company, with their own feel and quirky style. They only released a handful of titles (all in their synonymous blue boxes, full of strange goodies such as dice, maps, beermats, audio tapes etc etc), but each one is a one off..great fun to play and I heartily recommend them. A word of help though, if you cant see the graphics on these games its because you may have to click on the bar with the options (that look like scrolls), keep the button pressed and either pull down or up (cant remember which).

I havent downloaded JINXTER from ABANDONIA because I already have it from another site but I have to use a small program/interpreter called MAGNETIC to play it (and the other MAGNETIC SCROLLS games), doesnt this game need it then?? didnt think it would work on modern computers without it.
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos