View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
My internet protection runs out next month, so I need to renew soon.

I've not much liked AVG (which is what I've been using for the last year), so I want to get something else instead.

After reading a lot of stuff online, and looking at YouTube videos, 3 of them stand out as being specially good.
  • Norton Internet Security (with or without the Performance Pack)
  • Norton 360
  • BullGuard
They all seem really good. and I don't know which one is best. So has anyone used these packages? What are they like? Any good? Do they slow the computer down?

Any comments about this is appreciated. Thanks.
Hmmm... I am not expert, but I think there would be better Internet Security solutions such as Russian Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), Comodo Internet Security, Russian Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro (OSS).

Good news! Comodo and Agnitum have free versions! However, I don't know if Comodo Antivirus would be reliable. And Agnitum uses Hungarian VirusBuster AV technology.

On the other hand, I think Comodo Firewall and Agnitum Outpost Firewall have the best reputation amongst firewalls.

And about Kaspersky... no comment. I think its Internet Security is better than McAfee, Symantec and other well-known security solutions.

I am currently using Outpost Firewall Pro (lifetime license ) and avast! Free Antivirus. It works fine!

About Anti-Virus solution, I guess the best and well-known ones are Kaspersky AV and Slovak ESET NOD32.

OK, I know Symantec, McAfee, Panda, Trend Micro and Microsoft(?) are huge and also world leading security companies, but size does not matter. And besides, smaller companies have usually faster, easier and more reliable security solutions!

By the way, BullGuard uses Agnitum Outpost technology. And besides, many security solutions uses Kaspersky technology such as Online Armor, Check Point ZoneAlarm, F-Secure.

Last edited by Mystvan; 04-06-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan