View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Saccade
[BANNED]

Naked act..? hmmmm :whistles:

Nice one El Quia - I like the idea of the insidious ESA nemesis!
The CB would be a good place to pick up a few ideas for dialogue and story. Thanks!
I did want to have a cybersection in it where you could to play old games (like Maniac Mansion in Day of the Tentacle) and had to solve a few in order to progress.

I need a hacking system that could be used too, but that is something to think of later in details.
I don't know about the site bug aspect - that makes it more accessible to site users specifically. If you didn't know about it, it wouldn't mean much.
But it could be used in a different context. That'd be good.
Bug solving.

Trying to get people to know about cool old games and how they developed, that sort of thing would be good too.
Even if it was just suggesting a few games in descriptions of places and stuff.

Having to throw the sword down the pit so the Prince of Persia could find it and finish his quest.

Maybe the player is directly involved in several events in computer games - they have to discard the vacuum shell for the robot's chip to be inserted into in Beneath a Steel Sky or invent the recipe for the Spit Grog in Monkey Island 2...

That'd be quite a fun game to write.

What do you think the character you play should be like?
Their demeanour and type of reaction?

The characters from my work are usually cyber/steampunk time detective / Sherlock Homes and his mate types...
The whole series is on the characters, but I've several others that are from short stories. Some Cephalopoda and a few other races that need a long description. Most human or similar.

I always need ideas for character - its my weakest point.

Oh - and comics that have never been published (Nb - remember Kugerfang)... they may be helpful too, somehow.

Are you up for collaborating on writing this game, El Quia?
No time-scale, perhaps having to learn TADS - but writing Interactive Fiction.

(Then - we can port it to Iphone and take advantage of the growing Ibook trend
But that would need a more complex interface.)
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade