View Single Post
Old 22-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #89
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hehey I really like the Stronghold games.

But yes, the games were a bit 'bleh'. I am getting really pissed off with all of the 'MMO Cash-in games'.

We already have that Disney one and the Matrix one, the Star Wars one too.

What we really need is an official release of a Freelancer MMO (although playing it in groups of 32 all in Freighters is a LOT of fun).

That does not mean EVE Online before anyone starts that off. I like it, but it's not Freelancer.

PC Gamer also releases a lot of tools on the discs, but what I really don't like is the way that the Max Payne 2 mods are always quite small and cool-looking, but they cram the discs with stuff like 'Monsters Mod for Doom3 - Monsters 3 times as grotesque!' which is like 12 Gb and ignore the simpler, but better stuff.

Also, X-Com is a special case. R Havell has a point, you know. A lot of oldies aren't that good and contrary to common opinion, new games do NOT just improve on the graphics, if they are well made they can be some of the best games ever.

See Freelancer for example. Or the (reasonably new) Combat Mission games. Even Grim Fandango .

All of these are fantastic games, all of these are quite new (although I now remember that GF is like 7 years old).
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks