View Single Post
Old 21-05-2005, 01:19 AM   #87
Anon
Lurker

Actually, I found Amazon to give very good reviews from customers. I've always considered Rome Total War, and then read about five reviews from Amazon about the major AI bug what never got updated after two patches. Likewise the possibility the expansion won't have this problem, thus more money for something they should have fixed before putting it on the market. Then hearing how they kept deleting about this error on their technical forums from customers and saying that had fixed this bug in the patches when they didn't.

Didn't hear about that big bug from any the major online computer game reviewers and magazines who gave it generally good reviews.

Something I experienced with the Demo version 2.0 of Devil Whisky, the game kept crashing so I went to the technical forum. Usual rubbish, update your drivers and adjust your video and sound settings was the reply. Well, it was the fact the game didn't crash when I didn't use the mouse and had nothing to do with the above.

However the company had stated that the demo had been upgraded 2.0 specifically to include mouse support and that it had been fixed. So I politely mentioned the mouse problem on their forums and they deleted my feedback without a reply, which was nice.

Had the same problem with Neverwinter Nights, had to rely on the players community to tell me why the toolset kept crashing not Bioware.

At least with the inferior VGA Eye Of The Beholder 2 game they advised of a major bug in the documentation and I could play the game straight through without my enjoyment being spoilt with any bugs. (I'm being sarcastic.) Can run it on XP with VDM with mouse support.

Yes, I got nostalgic with the Eye Of The Beholder series and got bored with it probably because I've played it too many times.

Bought DOOM3, completed and enjoyed the original so many times as well. No problems at all with DOOM3 regarding bugs and performance which was a shock, considering it supposed requirements I have a NVIDIA FX5700LE graphic card. However never completed it because I got bored with the playing style and therefore got deleted.

All that glitters is not gold.
Anon is offline                         Send a private message to Anon