View Single Post
Old 23-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Original Post

Quote:

So I ran across Abandonia randomly and thought to myself why not join and share a link to a great old game I'm a member of. It sort of is slowly dying as a game and that shouldn't be happening as it is a true classic. The game is called Continuum/formally known as "Subspace".
Quote:

It really should be more popular but because we are in a state of abandonware and the new mmo's with all their bells and whistles that catch peoples eye it isn't as popular as it once was.
Quote:

Their is an incredible story behind it and 10's of 1000's of players have come and gone. 1000's still play but not at the same time. Many log in for bits these days to just have fun and remember the glory days but..... there is still action and still leagues and squads that battle each other.
The game seems to have nice graphics!

I’ve seen the screenshots of the game on Mobygames.

By the way, unfortunately this current tendency is to prioritize graphics and special effects and sonorous be it in games, movies, animation, music...

In this way, unfortunately, content quality, storyline, coherence, script, etc. have fallen into the background. Those explosive uninterrupted actions have become top priority... Oh, and also a lot of violence, blood and explosions complete the depressing scenery.

Just note that games with perfect graphics and pure action that require only dexterity and quick reflexes and few dialogues make the players a bit “brainless”... Torchlight, Diablo, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, etc. vs. Drakensang, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc.

Is that the reason why the Adventure Game genre is decadent and only exist as Indie games now?