View Single Post
Old 25-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #8
Jeffrey Lyons Jr
Default not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I'm questioning the controls because this game have a very strange and original way of using controls I have never found on any other games. I think it is very relevant to the subject.

About the cycles... Scatty got that right. I didn't give you an answer because there is none. Try and see.

I play tons and tons of RTS games for 20 years now and generally most controls aren't that different if u ask me must be something upstairs but as for cycles on any does run game in general u will want the cycleper second rate to be similar to the ones of the processors at the games were designed to run on and not necessarily the PCU processors but the video processors because that is what is eating up most of the memory on your dost box I used to run settlers 2 on a Pentium 2 233 MMX processor I have my Motorola Xoom set to 23,000 cycles per secondand the game runs awesome but this is a dual core processor that is clocked at 2.3 gigahertzso like I said it also has a lot to do with the stuff you were using cuz thats also has a Nvidia processor for its video so it tends to run any game in DOSBox pretty well I play Doom to Castle Wolfenstein settlers to settlers to editor as it runs settlers 3 through DOSBoxanything is possible if you do enough research