View Single Post
Old 17-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I'm a proud (actually sad ) owner of Windows 10 on a new gamer's laptop. On previous one I had Windows 8.0. I gotta tell you, I don't much like Windows 10, because of it's inevitable updates - speak, forced. At least they are forced in Home edition, Pro should have some options to avoid them I think. But many new updates can break things, there's often many bugs introduced with them, which have to be fixed later with (you guessed it) another update!
There are a few options for Home edition to mitigate that, mostly setting internet connection to Metered, so you can avoid a few that way,

It's not a big deal, but I just don't like forced updates on my computer, without having any option to deny them. With Windows 10, Microdaft took a firm control of your operating system on some levels, and you've got no say in it.
Personally, if your hardware was supported just fine with Windows 7, I'd recommend you get Windows 8.1 instead, that way you should remain fine for some years yet, while having no forced updates.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty