View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
Osprey850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
Minor issue with D2 mouse helper:
Selecting and middle clicking construction yard for repairs automatically starts production as well. May affect all production buildings but haven't tested.
Yeah, I wondered if I should leave that and ultimately did. I reasoned that, if you were building something, anyways, it would automatically repair the building, which could be seen as convenient. Obviously, it's not good, though, if you want to repair without building anything. I could solve it by removing the 'R' binding from the middle mouse button, but then you'd have to manually repair buildings with the 'R' key or clicking on the Repair button. Do you think that that would be better than how it is?

Quote:
If you allow for two hopefully small feature requests:
1) To make spacebar emulate vanilla RBM screen centering without interfering with regular typing like savegame naming.
It's used only to skip Intro/Briefing text and select Mentant topics. Would fit perfect in tandem with my custom e/s/d/f
mapper for map scrolling. In any case feels like a good key choice because of proximity of all other command keys.
Hmm. I had forgotten that the right mouse button centered the screen or else I might've redirected the functionality to something else.

Ok, I've tested giving the spacebar that functionality and it works, but with the drawback that using it during briefing/mentat text dismisses two screens of text instead of one (since the right mouse button uses a left button click, and the left button dismisses text, as well). You can still use the left button to dismiss single screens of text at a time, just not ideally with the spacebar anymore.

Another option that I've just tested is making the right mouse button center the screen, like it originally did. The drawback to that is that the screen centers on the destination that you send units to move to or attack. For example, if you send a soldier to attack an enemy harvester, the screen will center on that enemy harvester.

Do either of those sound better than simply not having the screen centering functionality available at all?

Quote:
2) To make it compatible with Super Dune II.
But if it requires more than it recognizing SUPER.EXE (mod executable) in addition to DUNE2.EXE then I wouldn't bother.
Hoping it's just down to that little detail. It might work since the two are essentially the same game with different colors.
Tried renaming the EXE myself but mod wouldn't start then, simply gotta be named SUPER.
Ah, I didn't even think to consider Super Dune II.

Hmm... that's strange. It doesn't fully work with the original Super Dune II (not Super Dune II Classic, which is SUPER.EXE).

Oh, I see. The original Super Dune II is based on Dune II v1.0 (not v1.07) and the mouse helper doesn't fully work in v1.0.

Last edited by Osprey850; 31-10-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Osprey850 is offline                         Send a private message to Osprey850