View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #16
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
Dear Mystvan,

That could be the case. If it does not work in DOSBox then it might work in one of the other different operating systems like you suggested. The question is what is that other system: DOSBox/MSDOS is ruled out. So there is left: Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98/98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. Then again maybe it is for Mac or even Linux or something else. Did I miss anything?

I think you have the right answer Mystvan. For instance I work primarily in DOS while my sister was trained professionally in Windows.
Dear Captien Bible , I forgot to mention that even using dual-boot and / or Virtual Machine has its flaws:

01) In the case of Virtual Machine, it must have minimum requirement as Operating System. It is not guaranteed that the Virtual Machine will accept the installation of older Operating Systems. Thus, it is a software compatibility problem.

02) In the case of dual-boot (and multi-boot), the hardware may not accept the installation of older Operating Systems. My HP Desktop supported Windows XP while my Dell Desktop did not accept the installation of Windows XP and caused Blue Screen of Death (BDOS). Thus, it is a hardware compatibility problem.

The solution of the 1st case is to find a Virtual Machine that accepts older Operating Systems. That is only if it is possible to find such a Virtual Machine.

The solution of the 2nd case is to find hardware that accepts Windows XP. In other words, the PC can not be neither very recent nor very old.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan