View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 01:06 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I couldn't quite understand your problem, but I've found some information about the game from HOTU. If this doesn't cover it, I'm afraid I can't suggest anything else.

Nomad (AKA Project Nomad)

<< Registered User
(12/30/00 9:19:51 pm)

-I tried to use the subst command, but it wouldn't work with this one. The only way I could get the install prog to work is to use the floppy method. So get out 7 floppys and number them 1-7.
The download has 7 zips inside it. Unzip nomad1.zip onto floppy #1, nomad2.zip onto floppy #2, etc until all 7 zips are on the floppys.

-Insert disk #1 and run INSTALL.EXE. Follow the prompts inserting the disks until installation is complete.

(Btw, there was an update on the above floppy install method, saying that the current game uploaded did not need to be installed from floppies.)

-Now you have to put a copy of the crack program in the game directory, so insert disk #1 back in the drive and put a copy of CRACK.COM into the nomad game directory.

-Run CRACK.COM and it will fix the game so the copy protection screen won't come up. You only have to do this once.

-Start the game with NOMAD.BAT

I was able to run it in Win95 on my computer. It ran a little fast, so you may need to use a slowdown program like Moslo.
NOTE That when I ran the install program, it reported there was insufficent memory, but I ran it anyway and the program installed and ran okay in Windows.>>
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree