Thread: Facebook mania
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

The reasoning behind these changes are clearly an attempt to push the social networks in order to increase the traffic esponentially. Looking at our previous statistics the addition of the Facebook panel brought us lot of visibility even if it was added 2 days ago.
Moreover, in this occasion, Abovo employees managed to repair broken parts of the layout, so it's not just a matter o publicity.

The layout is still under developement though, luckily we can do little but significant changes, in fact during these days I've spent several hours repairing placements that covered functional pages of the site and I tried to adapt Drupal blocks to their modifications.

I've learned how this site works and technically speaking I can say without a doubt that the layout works better now.
However, talking about graphics it's impossible that everyone will appreciate the final result. It's always pretty subjective.

Speaking about privacy I find your critics out of place, Facebook is a personal page placed on the internet and your personal informations are always displayed in public. If you find this so irritating I suggest you to adjust your privacy settings because it's not a link on Abandonia that reveals your private details to the world.