View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Reinstalled Icewind Dale.

Don't have the expansion, neither the second of the series, but I checked the stories, and seems there is a reason why the whole is called a "trilogy".

My team will be:
fighter dwarf 18/80, 17, 19, 10, 10, 10 (for extra saving throws and good tank)
halfling fighter/thief 17, 19, 18, 8, 8, 8 (for extra saving throws, another fighter, and a trap-remover)
gnome illusionist 18, 18, 18, 19, 5, 8 (for extra saving throws and the extra spell slot)
fighter/cleric human 18/81, 18, 18, 3, 18, 8 (for additional melee power and healing, though it hurts that on lvl1 you can't rise porficiencies above 2)
half elf bard 15, 18, 11, 18, 10, 18 (I had a 6th character slot, so I though let's give a punch to dead weight and let it sing songs all along the adventure, while ocasionally tossing spells. I think I rolled good enough stats even to add some melee power if necessary)
half elf druid 17, 18, 16, 4, 18, 15 (originaly I wanned a fighter/druid dualclass, but even this requires insane stats. No wonder there are "very few true neutral characters". I got very fortunate only lacking 1 point from the perfect stat distribution, but this is a wonder still)

PROLOGUE: Eastheaven

Now I know why I didn't play this game since I first installed it. The pictures are boting, the movies are lame, you gain slow exp, you start lvl 1 (it is basically only luck if your character survives lvl 1, not skill by any means), there is very limited source of items what are even randomly generated and the money is scarce, and there is no full-detail-walkthrough.

According to my knowledge to get the best from the start you need:
- a bard (gives extra money - not just by pickpocketing - and exp, and every little helps while you're still lvl 1 and have no equipment)
- a dwarf (gives extra money)
- a thief (pick lock for extra money and later to save health by disarming traps)
- a cleric (else you'll run out of money)
For the later part:
- you may not have more then 1 mage
- paladin should be avoided if not for strickt powergaming
- cleric and druid can mean some extra exp (cleric even infinite exp bug)

Last edited by twillight; 10-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight