View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #495
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Obscuritas

Aaand the disappointment continues.

This'd be an FPS adventure game what I'd like, similar to Blair Witch Project Volume 1 Rustin Parr and other franch titles.

The problem is, the developer got waaay to lazy with their programming, and thus their product demand unreasonable hardware.

Not to mention, it'd be time to either get rid of the videocards as hardware, or standardize them. The current system is ridiculous.
1: the two major companies products (NVidia and GeForce) are not compatible on a very deep level as I've heared. Like their cards don't work with processors, RAM etc. compatible with the other company, or only on a shitty level. That's absolutely unaccaptable.
2: what does it mean XYZ card or better? Is there an officiallist somewhere? Does other hardware count, like a current day PC could work with the game of the original Thief for example?They definitely avoid numbering them to make things user-friendly...
3: bringing up the original Thief has another point. Like that game could run acceptably on that-day, non-videocard comuters BUT it was actualy coded to not do that. Modern day example would be the Amnesia-franchise. The games are hard-coded to NOT work properly on computers without the videocard. Like Thief worked fine - but gave negative pictures. Amnesia simply cut off the video output. This is violation of decent business ethics!

I seriously say it placed very good pressure on the industry when computers had limitations. They had to program stuff to make themaccessible, and not just shrug it off saying you can go to the store and build a computer as big as ENIAC was to run their shitty coded product!!!

-----------------

So, what do I have left?

To finish:

- kult:heretic kingdoms:inquisition
- Baldur's Gate trilogy: Sorcerer, poverty run
To play through:
- Chronicles of Mystara
- Baldur's Gate trilogy: Shapeshifter
To try out:
- Toonstruck
- Noctropolis
- Cosmic Star Heroin
- Whispers of a Machine
- Mary Skelter: Nightmares
- Book of Demons
- The Quest
WHEN I get a hardware upgrade try again:
- Divine Divinity Dragon Commander, Original Sin 1-2, Divinity 2
- of Orcs and Men (I mean I didn't try this, but by the look ofit, it is 64 bit, resource heavy)
- Tower of Time (I hope this was a GoG giveaway)
- Obscuritas
- Pillars of Eternity
- Grim Fandango
IF these titles become available again:
- Abomination: the nemesis project
- Blair Witch Project Volume 1 Rustin Parr
if I'll have absolutely nothing to do:
- DEX
- Torment: tides of Numeria
- Rage of Mages 2
I wonder if:

I've lost my saves for these, and maybe even their CDs, and they probably don't worth it, but you never know, so let's mention:
- Baldies, windows version
- G.O.L.E.M. Never got around to play through the third race/hardest difficulty.

Last edited by twillight; 10-05-2020 at 07:55 AM.
twillight is online now                         Send a private message to twillight