View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #19
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
I had to upgrade from FF1 to FF3 because it crashed on more and more sites. Now it's the same thing with FF4. If I was paranoid, I would think Mozilla is making that to force me into the newest version.
I would be interested to know what exactly does "crashing" mean... Checking on my FF version I right now use 3.6.3 and I never experienced such a "crash".

I'd even go as far as to take a wild guess and say that those crashes might be more related to bad site construction than the browser itself. And this problem sure plagued the net continuously since its creation.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire
Even though it is quite obvious you're only trying to be an ass by stating ridiculous examples, I'm sure you would not want to maximize your income by ignoring disgruntles customers, moving your entire industry to poor countries where you can build your wares at 1/8 the prices at the cost of employee security and loss of jobs while selling the end product the same price or even higher to cover shipping at your home country and by completely ignoring anything else short of making profit with similar bad outcome.
Originally Posted by Japo
Of course I would.
Really? I cannot say anything else short of: I'm really disgusted by your statement.

Quote:
And I know people in poor countries like it too when they can get a job, and they hate when the governments of rich countries make laws to prevent imports or outsourcing of manufacturing. And consumers will be happy if lower costs translate into lower prices. But I don't understand why you seem to imply that consumers aren't free to stop patronizing Microsoft, if they considered its products bad or too expensive.
Simply because the whole "if you don't like a product then stop purchasing it and the company making it will have to react and change their policy" stopped working as soon as international markets began to be widespread. Even if a single country would downright ban a product then there is roughly what? About a hundred more left to make money from? That principle worked great in the now far past when a company was nothing more than a local business which could never afford to move out of their territory. Right now it simply doesn't work at all anymore, the customers don't have a real choice since it is simply going from bad to worse as far as choices go and if they want to have anything done at all they simply can't go anywhere else. End of story.

On the point of poor countries happy to receive the workflow of other countries, that's most certainly true. The whole problem doesn't originate from them at all though and they really are getting the better part of the deal. I'd say they don't really have a say in the matter, especially since they never actually created wealth but rather simply inherited of the wealth of another nation. This is simply a direct transfer, how can you be proud of that short of being able to say that you managed to up your living standard by stealing it from others?

Last edited by Eagle of Fire; 11-11-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Eagle of Fire is offline                         Send a private message to Eagle of Fire