View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 01:49 AM   #522
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I always found this game a Visual Novel, but I was wrong. It is a mix of Visual Novel, Simulation and RPG.

And the curious thing about Japanese games is that there is a Simulation very similar to The Sims named Dating-Sim games.

I remember that I had been quite impressed with the amount of possible game endings on YouTube.

One interesting thing is that Lands of Lore II also have the option of having a different ending depending on the good or bad choices you make for Scotia’s son.

To tell you the truth, I found the happy ending kind of weird. How can Scotia’s son be a champion of good? Another possible bad end would be for him to kill the disciple and then the beautiful royal mage (Dawn?) of the Lands of Lore.
Good is a matter of perspective, certainly so in Lands of Lore II. Sure Luther can aid Dawn during the game, and in the end, though he's the one to gain the power and save the world, he also enjoys his private time with the sorceress (even if interrupted shortly by the Draracle) whom he was helping all the time, which might or might not be interpreted as the "good champion" kind of behaviour by some people.
But then, wouldn't it be rather natural by a woman and man, who have worked together for a long time, to fall in love with each other?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty