View Single Post
Old 28-08-2005, 04:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 27 2005, 04:25 AM
Well, I just finished playing a couple of hours of this game.

If you are careful, do not over spend, get good ad contract, take the occasional freight offer when it is doable, and invest in better airships, you will do fine. Though I did find myself in trouble when I lost my first ship when I sent it from London to New York. I have now researched the lvl 2 ship reaching speeds of 50km/h ! with 10 passengers and 2 tons of freight, things are looking good. I have sold 49% of my stocks and I have 2 loans for 6000000, so prospects are not good but it is my first game and learning it.
I did choose the "easy/simple" option at the beginning though I have no idea how it would be different other wise.

I think the game deserves a 4.
The closest other game to this would be Ports Of Call. Though not often, this game also has some mini games, like bidding for creating ships for governments and trying to beat the world altitude and speed records without destroying your engines. Good game!

I run the game through DOSBOX first the sound set up program (with the defaults for sb) and then the game. I haven't increased the cycles, the game runs great.

I will definetely play it more the next few days.

EDIT: 1) I haven't figured out how the flight scedul works. I opened two offices and started a new route but the ship doesn't fly and I only pay expenses for the route. Any idea?
2)Find it enjoyable the "looking for wife" part of the game. Some clever answers there. Though the grammar is not always spot on. :-)
EDIT: 1) I haven't figured out how the flight scedul works. I opened two offices and started a new route but the ship doesn't fly and I only pay expenses for the route. Any idea?
You have to have a ship in your depot(Build a zepplin),then go to the schedule, chose one, and assign the zepplin to the route.To assign, click on the arrow on the right.

2)Find it enjoyable the "looking for wife" part of the game. Some clever answers there. Though the grammar is not always spot on. :-)

Looking for wife?