View Single Post
Old 30-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #3371
Oskatat
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
No, you do get some negatives for each killed civilians. But you get double if not even more negative if you kill them yourself!

But like I said, tazing them or otherwise any action which will stun them to the ground will save them. Short of having a grenade or bomb or anything explosive killing them. The Aliens will completely ignore them.

This is especially useful for the black ninja which name escape me.
Why didn't anything I ever read suggest this before? I usually brought those taser rods with me to see if I could nab a few aliens (extra points) and untill you get to plasmas they do pretty good in the walk through door... uh, hi! situation (large scout engine room is a good one for that), but I always left em behind on terror missions

as to the civvies: I cheat (a little) with saving and reloading if things go too far wrong. So I knew there were 12 civilians. You get at the end a report how many were saved, how many killed. 9 saved, 0 killed. Whut?

the ufopedia actually advices laser pistols above rifles, simply because you can get off 12 shots against 6, or even 9 vs 3. Even at worse accuracy and damage it's supposedly better.

Last edited by Oskatat; 30-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat