View Single Post
Old 25-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #14
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes it does help, thanks!
The way you described the battle reminded me a bit of Harpoon and Fleet Command, that is a good thing. :-)

Some more questions perhaps? :bleh:

1) Are battles with more than two fleets possible? You and an ally against a third or third and fourth enemy? If yes, is it possible to have on of the two fleets in reserve so that it surprises the enemy? The last question also in 1vs1 fleets engagements. You said that the amount of ships you can control at any one time depends on your command abilities, can you choose to have even less number of ships against the enemy and have the bulk of your fleet on standby?

2)Are fighters like say in the Star Wars world, or is it more like the Star Trek where you do not have fighters per se?

3)Can you give order to ram a ship?

4) I was going to ask if you can order a ship of yours to get between another and an enemy ship (if for example it is heavily damaged and you want to protected even if it means sucrificing the other one), but if the battles are more like a RTS then I guess the answer is maybe.

5) Can you have recon/spy ships to send on their own to recon?

6)How is the diplomacy in the game? Also, are there things like borders?

7)How is the system/planet buld system in the game? Are there limitations for what you can build on a planet?

8)Is there a system where you (or the enemy) can acquire territory and/or ships without actual war? Also, is it possible to capture enemy ships?

9)Is it possible to give a general battle order to your fleet before the engagement so that you will not have to micromanage during the battle if you do not want to?

I don't want to pressure you too much, so I better end this now
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios