View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #528
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default I almost bought some games..

...but fortunately noticed they don't have win 10 support!
So ye, sure, GoG does sell titles like Sacred, Arcanum and such - BUT what's the use of it if they don't run under win10?

With this effort I could buy Might and Magic 9, which is an unfinishedly released game, but that as bare minimum would work... After you install like a million fan-made patch... Still.

Not that I have much time to play though, as all my free time is consumed reading (the pretty horrible) Wheel of Time books.

----------------

Aside these, I'll mention 4 games on my "to be played" list:

- Bastion: this is a fun hack&slash, somewhat-platforming game, nice graphic, good story, good music. Why I don't play it too much? There is this design-flow that you can not-pick-up items, like and especialy weapons.
Ad if you don't pick them up, you can't go back to try it again.
But there's no achievement or something to leave them behind. So what's the point of this whole situation if not design-flow?

- Dark Quest 2: I'd play the heck out of this, one problem though: you can re-play the tutorial-level. Ad infinitum. When you do, EVERYTHING respawns. Not just the consumables to keep you alive, not just the enemy (so the level has a point), but the extra skillpoints too!
It should actualy work like every time you replay, the monsters get tougher. But if you simply cancel the quest you jump back to the beggining, WITH all the loots (including skillpoints, money, all what you bought on the money at the hub etc.), and then ... just where's the challenge?

-Book of Demons: I love this game to be honest. Problem? THere'll be a bunch of continuation, and extras, and it's dirt-cheap for Steam, AND they said the package is for ALL PLATFORMS. GoG is a platform too, but somehow the only platform actualy is Steam this piece of garbage pplies.
So I boycot the game.

- Monster Train: Despite too many times failing to the random, I'd play this... If I'd manage to find a stable job, get married, have children. Perfect casual satisfaction. But aside that it does not have some world-shaking grand story or anything, so...

Next time: more games from my TBP list!