View Single Post
Old 30-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #439
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default pokemon emerald #2

Ok, who the heck is Steven?
There's the neighbour-guy who is kinda a rival, but more of a friend, and there's Wally (Monkey Island TM) who is a kinda mentored greenear. No idea about Steven.

With the Good Rod went and catched a Whailemer. A lvl 20 had both watergun and rollout what I looked for in case I'll use this mon. I have to start thinking of expanding my team, as my three sure start to all reach their evolution levels.
I catched quite a lotos interresting looking pokemon, just to be on the safe side, but I have no idea. There start to be too many stats. Previously it was enough to know the type, and a correction with double type, now the stats seem a bit important, and moves working with the team, and "nature", and all kinds of crappy minute detail, what'd madden an accountant even. The whole thing falls back to overleveling and button-smashing.

Oh, another excuse for grinding, though this'd've been best for the beggining: found only ONE trade-mon-NPC whowants a ralts for some negligable stuff. Still, if you need an excuse for grinding abit, there's that.

BIG CON:fishing was turned into a minigame. Finding a spot where you could actualy catch anything was a though call already, but now it is a blink-or-miss minigame, for what you have to press a series of buttons to start with. Also, betterrods don't necessarily make better options, as they can change the pool, cutting you from what you want. And the superrod comes way too late. The old rod still stinks though.

weird thing: the mimic-circle group is made by bug-users. In a place w/o any bug appearing...

annoying thing: certain parts of the game can only be reached by a specific type of bike. Given they are far away from the shop, and you can't fly until the endgame, walkthroughs should mention which to use when.
Until now the mach bike was needed in Dewford Town, and for/at the Mirage Tower. The acro bike only cames to play in route 119. No, you don't need special bike on Mt. Chimney.
These are all optional areas, but still.

Team Aqua is seriously stupid. I'd care for my business, but they blocked the way. From ONE direction. Not the way I'm coming from. And they don't let me pass. They are too stupid to win.

Btw, I swear for this game Ispent more time with charts than with the game itself. I start to come to the conclusion what I need is the "doubl" effectiveness chart, which tell what attack type is good against what being, then choose skills and units according to that. The type-comparsion charts only good to tell the type immunities.

Oh: decided that my remaining units will be: flygon (because it is immun to electric attacks, and can fly), sableye (because its immunities), and regice (because the ice department is lackluster).

After you get the Surf, you should go to the Flying Gym (#6), but before that goand surf through to Dewford Town with your weaker pokemons (maybe after you collect the first three flutes: blue, yellow and red as the enemy lvl is lower there). That provides good exp. My trapinch evolved there, so can learn fly.

GEN 2 MONS IN THE GAME:
- marill
- wobuffet
There are a couple of others, but only in the endgame, so who cares.
But there's a surprising amount (like two dozen) gen 1 mon too in the game. They arenot too relevant in encounters, but yes, they exist.

Beware, that if you want a cacleon, their number is limited (I think, because they are puzzle). So catch the first you come across. No idea why'd you want any unless filling the pokedex though.

Wow, there's a chance for a Master Ball every day. 1:100,000, but there is.
Fuck pokemon. #PokemonsR4Food

Now Mossdeep City: until now the puzzles were perfect. Hard, but not annoying. But this shitty island is in the middle of literaly nowhere. No border-rocks, no swimmer sign the way. Just who designed this??
Oh, fok whoever made the psy-gym double battle. I fortunately chose the right team to deal with this shite...
And the ALL Dive-area is covered with the bugged fog-effect, so I won't get those items.

TIP TO HELP DIVING WITH EMULATOR: dive down first, then immediately dive up. This makes you see the screen as intended. Immense help to get inside Team Aqua's hideout.

Tips on storing items:
The storage-system is weird at best. The main point is, you want to keep every item that has a special inventory place on you (like berry, TM/HM) because those places never fill up.
Second: you want every type of items in one big pile. So those you find multiply copies (potions etc.) you want to keep on yourself).

To get the the three Regi-mon: first fish yourself on route 129 while surfing a lvl 39- whailmer. I catched a lvl 38. Run away any encounter, don't want the grinding. Train this to lvl 40 to create a wailord. That'll need minimal grinding. Your other chance is same place, surfing, but thatonly has 1% chance for the right ... not-fish.

Get in route 124, and dive in the middle of west in the 1-hex spot. That place is filled with see-weed, aka. grass underwater, so you'll encounter wild pokemons. Relicamp is there. Let wailmer grind up here while hunting (if it runs out of moves, just give it the exp-shere which is no longer bigged in this game, aka. gives no extra exp).
Do the rest by the walkthrough on the net.

Capturing the legendaries (at least the regice) is even worse than a regular low catch-rate pokemon. 0.3% catch rate, no repeat chance w/o reloading, self destruct/flee possibility is just plain trollish. Even if you pull out 40 rounds and use aTimer Ball like I did, and the thing is at 1 HP, your chance's like 1:100, maybe.
TECHNICALY you could also go against Rayquaza at this point. It is lvl 70 though, so fok you hopes. Actualy, it is not that bad, if you have some ice-attack (Regice suffice), and some screech to lower its defences (my sceptile has it). Lower its HP,and wait until it puts itself in sleep. Yes, it can regenerate by sleeping. This is good for us now, because this gives immense bonuses to the catch-rate. And either way, it has double catch% than Regice.
PS: didn't went for the other regis, as they don't interrest me, but the other time don't want to waste them either, but can't bother catching them by reloading a lot.

Oh, aside the whole list of HMs, which are 8 in numbers, and all of it demanded at some point,you also need Dig as a 9th if you do the sidequests too.

The Victory Road is longer than anyone would imagine.

The last gym also has a trick in its purse: you MUST have surf on your party to get in. Stupidity on square.

My team when entering to the Elite Four: 50/50/50/49 (sceptile)/44 (don't realy care, because Sableye's prime purpose is to be immun and thus be safe -> important because of the ghost elite -> need lvl 50. Do NOT teach it shockwave TM 'cause its crappy stats! Teach that to gardevoir, so you have bigger puffer to avoid those stupid restoration potions). And if all else fails, I'll reload and swap in Rayquaza (lvl 70).
Also: grass is a pretty bad choice here as Milotic has too much HP AND knows ice attack, and wailord knows fokin hard ice attack! Obviously you were supposed to start with Mudkip, and bring electric pokemon in the team, and likely absol as your dark unit.
You absolutely need Ice Beam as an attack, and regice is a good user of it. Against Glaile you better have some steel move, so aron is a solid choice still. You need a psychic mon against tentacruel, and Gardevoir is a solid choice, which can do electric special attacks (buy the TM), and can make things sleep as last resort (60%, and can wake the next turn, but whatever, that's why saves are for). Kingdra is a big F U, try something that has some resistances at least against this overleveld piece of shit.

Ye, that's about the game.
For post-game you can overlevel in the Victory Road, and there's the Trick House's irrelevant last trick(s).
As single-player you can do the Battle Frontier (that was a good part of the anime), can get the other fossil (not instantenous, so counts as a bit of valid exp-grinding, can get all the remaining legendaries (any regis and rayquaza you didn't care, also groudon/kyogre), can beat up Steven yet again (who the heck is he?), can get a claydoland win every contest if you so much care, and that's it realisticly speaking.

PS: just to mess you with one more time, entering the Champion's room automaticaly starts the battle.

Last edited by twillight; 03-06-2019 at 09:33 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight