View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #431
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Paladog (meat using Darkdog playthrough) 1

This idea is dumb, so I like the challenge.
I pick the unit-strenghtening abilities instead of the obvious mana-centered build, because why not. Will give a full list later.
Also, will max the units before stepping further each time. This will be a bit convoluted as Darkdog has a lot of spells cast from food, but whatever.

Until clvl 12 I could max the chicken totem, and 10 point in Warry (it stuns the enemy in range at the moment for period).
Had to exp/itemhunt up for lvl 18 to clvl 16,and used in sum +5 food amulets, and a Flame Blade. Thor's Hammer ate too much mana, the Ice Sword didn't do enough damage.
NOTE: because Warcry is crappy, started to invest into Boar, when finished the level, had it on slvl 9.

At lvl 22 I had to rush and unlock the Whale to make my totems permanent. It's realy a problem the Boar can only have as much attack as the chickens, and the next two units are not attack unit, but a healer totem, and an instant spell. And the warcry is a lot useless. So I'll have to strech a bit as needed I think.Currently have 10 in Boar already as they can work as meat shield for a small time, while the chickens are ranged.

At lvl 2/11 could win wild combination what I have, but couldn't win by 3 star because of the hawaiian stone heads. This means I'll have to unlock and use the Blade skill already... The problem is for this, have to get an expanded food pool, which I got not amongst the options until now during clvl 24 (each lvlup gives you 3 random choice from the whole pool). So I'll have to go back lvling.

For lvl 2/11 needed chickens, lvl 1 Whale, lvl 9 Summon Blade.

2/18 done with 19 Warcry, 16 Boar, 10 Blade. (Equipment: +3 flame sword, +13 food)

3/6 was another wall. Had to unlock Earth Totem, and have 17 in Summon Blade (and luck) to succeed. Note for this: have 200 max food, whatis kinda important for buffer. base swordis +6, flame sword is +5. +16 food from jewelry.
Aside this my major strategy for this build is to put down zounds of chicken ASAP, support themwith 1-2 whale, and stand back. Works on ranged enemy levels too, only have to stand a bit further, so the enemy comes out of the cave and can be hit.

3/13 caused a lot of problem, but gave the advantage to buff up my skills.SummonBlade got maxed, Chicken, Warcry, Boar was already, Whale is 13, Earth Totem (Bull from now on) is 14.
This is one of the sucker-levels,wherethe time-limit for 3 stars are shortened.

For 3/19 I was worried lacking any real power on Darkdog itself. Despite this, I tried, and got ok until Isaw the end line. There I just panicked and started smashing buttons: summon allchicken, and some boar - the boar managed to very very slow the trojan horse, while Iswinged mindlessly behind the cover of a Bull. Also used Blade to eliminate threats. Darn, I'll never look back to this.

For 4/2 had to grind up again. Blade is maxed, whale 15 and bull are 18.

Crap. 4/5 seems beyond my attack capability. Will have to unlock Eagle.
When done whale was maxed, bull 19, fire eagle is 6. Btw, eagle DOES get healed by whale, only it has almost no HP (like third of chicken), so it is very voulnerable. And Idon't care it for the enemy being invincible. In a crowd chickens are invincible too.

To slow down the next trojan horse used boar, for damage used eagle. It requires to catch the rythm, but solvable. Don't mind the giant skeleton boss minion, let it pass. +19 food, +9 flame sword.

The fok? With 3:54 level 4/11 is still only 2 star worth! That's ridiculous!
And I don't even know how I achieved this. Seems I found two major problems with the units: the whales do not add up, and the eagle somehow gets hurt when stepping out of protection, and the whale only enough to keep its HP not dropping, but they can not regenerate them.
Well, taken some risks, all maxed, eagle 16, +25 food, managed to pass it for 3 stars.
NOTE: turns out the whales are just really shitty healers when it comes to the eagle. Have to keep 2 running simultenously to heal them proper. Seems they do add up after all.

For 5-13 had to start using the dragon totem. The spear skeletons are just too advanced. Not that it ment any trouble, eagle being already maxed out, and had some leftover gold for the purpose.
I wonder if I'll atall need the last skill with this one.

For 5-17 I needed lvl 8dragon totem. Or I was friggin lucky not needing more, or even the last skill. Those spammed footbal-zombies, and ghost-paladogs are friggin annoying.

5-22: had to lvl 15 dragon totem. No more was needed to finish the game.

Last edited by twillight; 16-04-2019 at 01:09 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight