View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Actually, I can't post that one, it's been submitted to a writing journal, and it can't be published anywhere else if they decide to publish it.

However, since after seeing this last night, I of course couldn't sleep (Thanks, Wael )... I had to get it out of my head, so here you go.

Death of Love

The forgotten sheets entwine around her limp body as she stares at the popcorn ceiling, wanting to see his face in the random chaos. She tries desperately to find the familiar musky scent on his abandoned pillow, and a tear crawls slowly down her cheek as she realizes that the only smell is that of her own cold sweat. The fan whirs endlessly above her head, only emphasizing the miserable chill created by the abscence of his heat.

A fleeting thought of death floats sickly to the surface of her mind, but it is numbly dismissed by reason. Love, which conquers all, could not bring him back. Death would certainly offer no real solution.

And so she silently waits for sleep to erase her anguished memories, hoping that her dreams would allow her to once more believe that love truly exists, if only in the depths of her own troubled soul.

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara