View Single Post
Old 28-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #8
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I was thinking of the very same thing....investing in a 2nd hand laptop through Ebay so I could play games in a more comfortable position than from an office chair. Although mostly they seem to have all-in-one sound setups, I've seen a few selling in the Australian Ebay with Sound Blaster cards. And wouldn't you need at least a 14 inch screen?. A friend of mine won the bidding for a Pentium 3 laptop with a 14 inch screen, a DVD drive, a Yamaha sound card and only paid about AUS$700.00. She commented that the mouse that came installed with the unit was more sensitive and accurate than the separate mouse on her desktop so she would be using it for graphics.

I had an amazing experience with Australian Ebay recently where I bid on a monitor, won the bid and received a better monitor than the one I bid for. (It was from an online computer company.) I had told the seller that I wanted to use the monitor for graphics so he sent a Compaq 720 instead of the Compaq 700 I bid for.
Nice guy, huh

Btw, two popular models that many resellers seem to want to get their hands on are the Toshiba Satellite or Tecra laptops.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree