View Single Post
Old 24-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #3324
Crysalids
Default I hate Chrysalids

Finnaly got ahold of this game. Real Gem and really addicting, It does seem slightly imbalanced in places but that is part of what gives it it's charm... like it was a tad more realistic. But enough about what rocks onto the real rant.

Are chrysalids immune to grenades or something? I recently dealt with terrormission where they were crawling out of the buildings like nuts. I finally thought I had narrowed it down to 3 in a ware house. so I nuked the place to the ground with alien grenades and rockets. after the smoke cleared... (metaphorically) I see 2 Crysalids still standing in the burning (litterally) remains as if to mock me. I don't know if the third one died and got obliterated or if it escaped but I came to the conclusion the only effective counter to crysalids was a flying suit.

In other news Colonel frankenstien's face has recovered from plasma wounds and NARC Guy went MIA thanks to mind control.

do MIA agents ever show up? That could have been a nice little feature.

anyways onto cydonia and then the deep sea... I looked into UFO 2000 but was disapointed by the asthetic.

I was really happy with the way X-com looked. Sometimes I look at oldergames and I think "now I know graphics were limited, but this looks bad" X-com isn't one of those games. It manages to balance detail with artistry and randomly generated landscapes makes up for any other failure. I do sometimes wonder about the beer-can towers in peoples homes, or the eternal lack of toilets but hey it's a game, and it makes for good cover.

My only complaint with the game graphically is the guy's chin in the opening... its weird.

ahh Chrysalids... you should have been a meme.