Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #826
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskatat View Post
then i'd say, wouldnt a draconian population be able to fly off anyway? no population losses
All I could see in my mind's eye was a bunch of attackers looking up in disgust at the sky as an entire city lifts off and jets east.

Quote:
anyway, all the strategies for winning, so far, can be seen as design flaws, since they usually focus on making a single unit, or just a few, unstopable, unlike games today, which would require you to bring a mix of different units around.
To me, it's not that the flaw exists in the design of the unit, but in the AI that simply isn't programmed with a rule to respond to the unit's presence. I can click on a city and see what's in it. Logically, the AI should have that advance knowledge, too, and be able to prepare with an appropriate counter (Dispel, a summons that can see invisible creatures, etc). For all I know, this may have been on the drawing boards, and just never got finished by the design team. Shame, really. I'll be curious to see how Elemental handles such issues as the game revs up with a lot more development in months to come. Wardell does good AI.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin